Gimme A Dream endorses the Giddy Up Pony Camp
Gimme A Dream is a Magdalen Islands site and a Magdalen Islands site!
Gimme A Dream has the Gimme A Dream's Unique Craft And Jewelry Site


Wednesday, January 30, 2008

New Beginnings

I call these earrings the New Beginnings Collection because they remind me of New Years. When dressing for the New Years Eve party, the type of jewelry worn would be something flashy, like these.

These earrings are made in macrame of a number 30, glitter thread. It is like having sparkles at every movement. The blue glass Czech beads are of outstanding quality as are the little white snow beads. The hooks are silver coated. I must admit, they are stunning in artificial light, though the color is a little drab in natural lighting. The camera does not pick up the life and spark of these little gems.

The matching necklace will be a while because while it is very tedious work to macrame in thread, it appears that I didn't buy enough thread for the entire job and must return for more. I had a spool of thirty yards.

All in all, the quality and originality of these and the other pieces done in these collections is astounding. I would never have expected it of myself to be capable of such art work.

2 comments:

KB said...

Stunning!!!!!!!

Marja said...

Wow you are a real artist.
I've got a meme for you to do. You don't have to, but I would like it.