Gimme A Dream endorses the Giddy Up Pony Camp
Gimme A Dream is a Magdalen Islands site and a Magdalen Islands site!
Gimme A Dream has the Gimme A Dream's Unique Craft And Jewelry Site


Tuesday, February 5, 2008

What happens when you stop smoking?

During my surfing, I found this interesting article at at site called "Breaking The Silence".
I found it interesting and the article fits in well with Gimme's "Cancer Be Gone" Month Theme

I apologize to smokers who may feel uncomfortable with my stand here.

I (Breaking The Silence) found this article from a Stop-Smoking Program Handbook. Thought I'd share it with you.

What happens to your body when you stop smoking:

Within 20 minutes

    • Blood pressure normalizes.
    • Pulse rate normalizes.
    • Body temperature of hands and feet returns to normal.
Within 8 hours
    • Carbon dioxide level in your body goes back to normal.
Within 24 hours
    • Heart attack chances decrease.
Within 48 hours
    • Nerve endings regrow.
    • Blood circulation improves on hands and feet.
    • Ability to taste and smell changes dramatically.
Within 72 hours
    • Breathing is easier.
    • Lung capacity starts to increase.
Within 2 1/2 weeks
    • Lung function improves by 30%
    • Risk of heart attack significantly reduces.
    • Circulation will continue improving.
Within 1 to 9 months
    • Incidence of coughing, sinus congestion, fatigue and shortness of breath decreases.
    • Oxygen level in the body normalizes.
    • Cilia (hair-like structures) in lungs regrows, increasing the ability to handle mucus, clean start the lungs reduce infections.
    • Body's overall energy level increases.
After 5 years
    • Cancer chances greatly decreases.
    • Risk of heart disease is significantly reduced.
After 10 years
    • Lung cancer chances are kept to a minimum.
    • Pre-cancerous cells are replaced.
    • Chances of other cigarette-related cancers decreases.
Hope I have encouraged you to quit using the "death stick".

1 comment:

krrey_boo17 said...

hi there! I'm so glad you liked my post. No problem here, in fact I'm quite flattered that you liked it so much you reposted it in your site. If you have the time, check out my site again and if you want we could exchange links. Peace to you and your family. =)