Gimme A Dream endorses the Giddy Up Pony Camp
Gimme A Dream is a Magdalen Islands site and a Magdalen Islands site!
Gimme A Dream has the Gimme A Dream's Unique Craft And Jewelry Site


Saturday, January 5, 2008

Well Now..., Surprise, Surprise, I'm Back!

I know that no one else felt the pressure or my absence but I wasn't here at Gimme A Dream all day yesterday. Apparently Blogger.com has a little spam searching robot that goes peeping into every blog that comes across it's path, looking for spamming blogs. When it finds one that meets it criteria, the little bugger shuts the blog down.

The blogger robot decided that Gimme A Dream was a spamming site and shut me out of making posts. It gave me the honour of making draft posts and then proceeded to tell me that if I didn't contact Blogger.com service desk, my blog was going to be deleted.

So I went through the procedures, fuming I might add, thinking that I'll tell some one off for this and have a little satisfaction at least, before loosing my work. What came back was another automated message saying that it was probably in error, that the program was a bit "fuzzy". That they were sorry for the inconvenience and that it would take four business days to get my blog back. A person had to go look at the site and confirm that it was not a spamming blog.

WHAT!!!!!!!

I repeat, four (4) business days and it was Friday evening. Fuming was no longer the word I'd describe my mood. And it said to put everything up as a draft!

Low and behold, eight hours later, I turned on the computer. but I didn't go into blogger immediately. I was thinking I'd leave it for a while and then jot off a quick post to the Magdalen Islands site. I've been doing a "On This Day In Islands History" series and I hadn't done anything for January 5th, yet. Now comes the low and behold (I was a bit premature on the last one) Gimme A Dream was back.

That left me with the idea that Bloggers.com was a home business and "the person" was on the computer all the time. Which is fine by me! But of course, I still have this question running around my head ,

"What did my site do to attract this "roaming robot" in the first place?"
And
"What can I do to prevent this from happening again?"

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow I had no idea there was such a thing...

Anonymous said...

wow I had no idea there was such a thing...

Anonymous said...

I love your site! You have done a great job. There is something special for you at my site. You are #19. It’s for all the love and support you have given to me.
Lots of Love and Blessings,
AngelBaby

Deirdre said...

Hey Gimme, How horrible for you. first time I have ever heard of roaming robots. Glad the trouble was temporary. Deirdre

Head Cookie said...

Hey there Gimme I am so happy to see that the robot beastie has left the building and that you are up and running again.