Gimme A Dream endorses the Giddy Up Pony Camp
Gimme A Dream is a Magdalen Islands site and a Magdalen Islands site!
Gimme A Dream has the Gimme A Dream's Unique Craft And Jewelry Site


Saturday, October 6, 2007

Black Friday 2007

The Day After Thanksgiving!
Most everyone knows that I’m a member of one of the writer’s forums and I go to the chat rooms. One question which is invariably asked every day is:
“What are you up to today?”
or
“What are you doing today?”
Just as the question is certainly asked the answer is always - “Renovating”
“What are you renovating?” Asks a member.
At this point, I could answer any of a number of projects that I’m working on. “Putting a new floor in the livingroom.” “Turning the green house into a solarium.” “Replacing the kitchen counter tops.” “Planning a stable.” And so on...
When do the renovations ever end?
Now that is the easiest question I can answer, “Never!”
This past year, we have worked on just about everything in and around the house. You'd think it was a mansion but instead, it is only my kingdom.
All this work has cost a fortune in power tools. For instance, I bought a skill saw for almost one hundred dollars! All right, so they threw in a cordless drill for nothing. I thought I was getting a good buy. Black & Decker Corded Variable Speed Jigsaw for only $9.99 and a DeWalt 9.6V Cordless Drill Kit for $59.99. Seventy dollars for both. I feel gypped. So I’ve decided to grit my teeth and resolve to save up for the Christmas holidays and buy my son a circular saw, on Black Friday through the internet. With the money I save, I’ll be able to pay for a Living Accent 5-Piece Card Table Set with Padded Chairs so that he and his friends can have their own place, in the new solarium to play poker, on those cold winter evenings.

1 comment:

Head Cookie said...

Hey there Gimme. I always shop the day after Thanksgiving great deals to be had.