Gimme A Dream endorses the Giddy Up Pony Camp
Gimme A Dream is a Magdalen Islands site and a Magdalen Islands site!
Gimme A Dream has the Gimme A Dream's Unique Craft And Jewelry Site


Tuesday, November 6, 2007

The Storm Has Finally Passed Over

Well the storm is over and the weather out side is truly wonderful. Now it is time to take note of all the damage. Beautiful and valuable trees have been uprooted and are destroyed - too many trees. A lot of damage must have been done to power lines because it to Hydro, our power company at least twenty-four hours to come to us, so we were basically without power for almost 72 hours. Remember our trouble started 24 hours before the storm hit.

There was a lot of electronics fried (burned out), including my 19" CRT, so I am effectively without a computer until I can replace it. Clay lost three - no four power supplies - two of which were brand new. We lost internet because of the power supply. Damage was minimal except I just got the estimate to repair the truck, almost $2000CDN. Ouch! There goes my trip to China. Right now I'm feeling down but tomorrow is another day and it will be better.

1 comment:

Marja said...

Oh Wynn I am so sorry but I am sure you'll find a way to go to China. My parents went there years ago and they realy enjoyed it.